Saturday, April 19, 2008

Coffee Shop Quickies

Hey everyone. I did some sketches for that mouse (now rat) comic. I fail at drawing mice, and I think rats are more interesting anyway, so there you go. Here's the first real concept sketch for the main character. I doubt he'll ever look this polished in the actual comic.




Allow me to clarify this once again - he is most certainly not a mouse, even though the sketch would tell you otherwise. These next three pages are where the fun began. I started looking at photos of rats to bone up on my ability to draw them fast, because that first pencil sketch took fucking forever. The amount of time it took to draw his face was offensive. Just offensive. After the page of rat sketches, i started doodling the rat's first encounter with his new cricket/grasshopper friend. I don't know if grasshoppers even live in the woods. Whatever. I guess he's a cricket. Enjoy. Enjoy, and don't ask about the Snap-jawed Battlehare. Just enjoy him too.




From these drawings you all should have realized the fact that I draw heads huge, and I do this all the time. Aside from not fitting an entire figure on one page, it is my biggest weakness. Ugh.

- Maxburg out.

No comments: